Powered for Life is a faith-based program to help young people learn and experience the value of work.
Every kid has a dream, but for many, their dreams are dying. Twenty percent of young people live in poverty. In many neighborhoods, high school dropout rates exceed 50%. Dropouts are eight times more likely to go to prison than to return to school. Powered for Life is a powerful tool to lead young people in our community to uncover their gifts and talents, live with hope and a sense of purpose, and help them dream for the future.
Powered for Life Students Learn:
• How to overcome roadblocks
• Conflict resolution skills
• Customer service satisfaction
• Higher education opportunities
• Building healthy relationships
• Strong communication skills
• Earning for a secure future
2022 class schedule
Class Schedule TBA
Contact Joe Harbin with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us in making an impact on the youth of our community! You can promote the class and donate to support the class. Consider partnering with the program to hire students to work part-time at your company. Click the link below to volunteer with a Powered for Life class. Volunteers can serve through Powered for Life in these ways:
- Be a Mentor: Come alongside a student and provide the help, encouragement, and affirmation needed to succeed.
- Hire a Student for Work: Provide part-time employment for students at your company.
- Recruit Businesses to Participate: These businesses participate in business roundtables, mock interviews and networking activities.
- Recruit Students: Help communicate this opportunity to young people who would benefit from Powered for Life.